Favorites of 2011

I'm starting 2012 by taking a quick look back at the projects and books featured in 2011 on my web pages. Here are my dozen favorite projects from the 70 that were featured on my weekly and daily pages last year, listed in chronological order:

Hermit's House in Deventer, Netherlands by The Cloud CollectiveThe Other, the Same by Carlos TeixeiraHolmenkollen Ski Jump in Oslo, Norway by JDS ArchitectsLa Cabanya Nursery School in Torelló, Spain by SAU Taller d'arquitecturaPlayMobilLeviathanLuxbau Office ConversionSra Pou Vocational SchoolSCI-Arc Graduation PavilionBrian C. Nevin Welcome CenterBLUETUBEM3A2 Cultural and Community Tower

And below are my favorite books from the 85 that I reviewed in 2011 on my weekly and daily pages, 13 of them in chronological order. Note, these books weren't necessarily released in 2011; for my list of Notable Books that were released in 2011, with some overlap below, see my list at Designers & Books.

book-till.jpgbook-reveal.jpgmir.jpgbook-arets.jpgshane2.jpgattali.jpgmorphosis.jpgpallasmaa-davies.jpgclog.jpghaar.jpghildner.jpgagency.jpg