Notable Books of 2011 - My List

Designers & Books has posted my list of Notable Books of 2011. Of the nine titles I selected, some have been reviewed on my web page*, and in other cases reviews are forthcoming. Thanks to the folks at Designers & Books for asking me to contribute and for adding these books to the Notable Books of 2011 list, now 88 titles strong.

notable2011.jpg
[Screenshot from my Notable Books of 2011 list | Click over for full list with my descriptions.]

Note that the Designers & Books list will not supersede my own list of favorite books that I round up the end of each year (see last year's list, for example), since the former is restricted to titles released in 2011 and the latter is culled from reviews during the calendar year, and therefore may include books released before 2011. That list of this year's favorites should be posted here in a couple weeks.

*Those titles, linked to my reviews, include:
» By the City/For the City
» Combinatory Urbanism: The Complex Behavior of Collective Form
» The Embodied Image: Imagination and Imagery in Architecture
» Pamphlet Architecture 11-20
» Reveal: Studio Gang Architects
» Urban Design Since 1945: A Global Perspective